Guarding Your Mind, Heart, and Body in a Sex-Saturated World
Guys Aren't the Only Ones Fighting a Battle for Purity
The world you live in promotes sex as the answer to just about everything. The pressure to go along with the crowd is greater than ever before, and it's easy to compromise in little ways that are a lot more harmful than they seem. You and your friends may become caught up in destructive relationships or sexual activities without even knowing how you got there. You just want to be normal-to fit in, to be liked, to look attractive to the opposite sex. But are you paying too high a price?
This counterpart to the award-winning "Every Young Man's Battle "can help you:
- learn how the sexual battle begins in your heart and mind
- understand your hunger for attention from guys
- recognize and avoid the potential pitfalls awaiting young women on the journey toward adulthood and possibly marriage
- find out how the media, novels, fashion, internet chat rooms, and body and beauty obsessions influence your sexual choices-and what you can do about it
- guard your mind, heart, and body against sexual and emotional compromise
- develop a deeper, more satisfying level of intimacy with God
Whether you have so far protected yourself emotionally and sexually, feel that you've been robbed of your purity, or have given in to temptation in some way, this book can help you achieve or reclaim sexual integrity. It can also guide you through the temptations and pressures of young adulthood while demonstrating how you can live your life to the fullest-without regrets.
Includes a comprehensive workbook for individual or group study.
by Shannon Ethridge and /Stephen Arterburn
Paperback, 286 pages